Tuesday, May 24, 2011

a brief introduction

Hello, everybody!

I thought I'd start off this new blog with an introductory post about what this blog will be (or rather what I hope it will be).

My intent, I suppose, is to start a sort of poetry commune. Primarily, I will be posting my own poetry, which you are free to say anything about, good or bad. But several times a month, or so I hope, I will have other things to offer.


Once a week or so, a featured poet, with 2-3 poems by said poet. To submit to this, you can email me your poetry and some things about yourself! you can also send me your art or pictures if you'd like them featured along with your poems.


Reviews of poems/books of poem by poets both old & new, which people are also free to contribute if you'd like! also send these to me via email.

Some poetry writing prompts, which will hopefully be daily!


Brief biographies and some poems by famous poets that are inspirational, which you're also free to contribute to (again with the email).

... and hopefully some more stuff later on, including features about poetry events across Canada (or Internationally, you guys should especially email me information about this stuff if you have it!), maybe some contests, and other things. I am completely open to any ideas, so feel free to email me with those, as well!

I can be reached through growupandblowaway@gmail.com, so the sooner you start sending me ideas/poems/information/criticism/etc, the better. Happy reading & writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment