Wednesday, May 25, 2011

#1


i am a correlation of soft blended colours
bleeding over a white surface, overthrowing
tabula rasa's strange, muted tyranny

pushed forward
only by time's delicate sway as it reaches out
fingers like tiny galaxies to touch gravity,

whose slender back is forever turned, a stubborn
orpheus, and i am eurydice, woven chains of
bright winking sunflowers binding me to him,

as i am dragged along, fated to float through
time's gray-static sea, or to drown in hissing darkness,
to disappear completely. 





I want to start off the prompts with something simple and fun. So write a poem about whatever you're doing right now, or something you did today that had any sort of impact on you - whether it made you laugh or cry or stare in awkward horror. Send me poems, people! I figure I'll also post prompts if anybody actually writes them.



SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment